Welcome to Maxys “Big Dog Studio,” your go-to destination for high-quality and engaging livestream video production services. Our studio is a testament to the power of experimentation, learning, and the importance of embracing failure.
In this blog, I’ll take you on how our experiences at the Sharks and our Naked Punt Show have taught us that preparation and luck are essential, but a willingness to learn and try new things is the key to success.
Learning from Failure
As the former Sharks Brand and Communications Manager, I know firsthand that success is not guaranteed, and failure is an opportunity to learn and grow. The Sharks finished last in the competition in 2014, but two years later, we won the Premiership. Our success on and off the field was not just down to luck or preparation; it was a willingness to experiment and try new things.
Inspiration for the Naked Punt
The Naked Punt Show was not launched until 2019, but it was inspired by the lessons and learning from SharksTV. SharksTV was a hugely successful livestream studio and show I launched at the Sharks at the time. We learned that there is no one-size-fits-all formula for success. Just because something worked last time doesn’t mean it will work this time. We had to adapt and experiment to keep up with the competition and remain relevant.
Importance of a Mix of Preparation and Luck
While preparation is essential, it’s not enough to ensure success. Luck plays a role too. But it’s the willingness to experiment and learn from failure that ultimately sets successful ventures apart. The Naked Punt may not have the numbers we’d hoped for, but it’s a weekly live testing environment that allows us to learn, adapt and improve our content. It’s a reminder that success is a journey, not a destination.
Challenging the Mindset
It’s easy to fall into the trap of thinking that because something worked before, it will work again. But the reality is that the world is constantly changing, and what worked yesterday may not work today. We need to challenge the mindset of “instant success” and embrace the idea that success takes time, effort, and a willingness to learn and adapt.
The key innovations in this year’s Naked Punt Show launch include:
- Studio developments: The studio underwent significant developments over the summer/off-season break to improve the production quality.
- Implementation of Central Control software: This software includes Google Docs real-time teleprompter and real-time event queue integration with Google Sheets, making the production process more streamlined and efficient.
- Studio automation: BitFocus Companion and Elgato Streamdeck and Pedal were implemented for studio automation, making the production process more efficient.
- New live streaming computer and Zoom Chat computer: After the old laptop streaming computer failed, new computers were implemented to improve the live streaming quality and to facilitate Zoom chats.
- Utilisation of Open Chat AI: Chat AI was used in research script development and commercial proposals to make the process more efficient and accurate.
- Partnership with @absolutelyAI: The show partnered with @absolutelyAI for new footy team artwork in the virtual sets.
- Continued use of Unreal Engine 4.7 virtual sets for the Naked Punt: The show continued to use last year’s virtual set, but new shows will use Unreal Engine 5.1.
- Upgrade of Off World Live Unreal Engine NDI plugin (love this)
At Maxys, we believe that the key to success is a willingness to learn, experiment, and adapt. The Naked Punt is a reminder that success is not guaranteed, and failure is an opportunity to learn and grow. We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible and experimenting with new ideas, techniques, and technologies to stay ahead of the curve.
So if you’re looking for a partner who can help you stand out from the noise with compelling and creative content, contact us today.
Together, we can bring your ideas to life and help you make your mark.