There are five important elements to effective web video and making web video easy
- Fast – Video load and play fast – minimal viewer video buffering – don’t bog down your website servers and developers with complicated video – use fast, global dedicated video servers – it’s about the customer experience that counts most. Video play should be practically instant.
- Easy implementation – to carry out your CLIVE clip just one line of HTML code is required for your web developers (average 10 minute job). Much the same as embedding a Youtube clip on your web page but with greater control.
- Personal. Presenters – you or a professional presenter? It depends. Do you add value to the communication intent? Who is the audience? If you’re the face of the business then keep it real – effective web is all about personalising the web. If the clip is for product or brand then use a professional.
- Creative – Script, Script, Script. Home page clip maximum 30 seconds (70 words) – think the 30 second elevator pitch or television/ radio commercial. Short and sharp to the point. Save longer clips for deeper within your site. At CLIVE we use a teleprompter so no need to worry about memorising scripts. Think audience, cut through, get creative and call to action.
- Return On Marketing Investment. Simple as that. Web Video gives you the ability to deliver a consistent message and talk 1:1 with thousands of customers per day, 24/7.